BRUSH PICK UP POLICY AND REGULATIONS
ANY BRUSH PILE NOT IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE POLICY SHALL BE THE RESPONSIBILTY OF THE RESIDENT OR LANDOWNER
The 2018 Brush pick up season will be conducted by policy as follows:
1. Brush will be picked up on Thursday or Friday, weather pending.
2. Service will not be provided for lot clearing, hired maintenance or contracted labor, topped trees, the cutting of a total tree, or any excessive brush piles.Contractors will no longer be allowed to dump brush or leaves at the Township!
3. The Township will not collect any pile larger than a small pickup truck.
4.The Township will remove brush that is the product of routine pruning and maintenance only.
5. Other debris mixed in with brush will be denied.
6. Brush pick up will be suspended as soon as leaf pick up begins, and will not resume until the following spring.
7. Brush must be neatly stacked with the cut ends facing out towards the road, and must be on your own property.
You cannot place your brush (or leaves) on vacant property, or roadside ditches that are not owned by you.
8. NO PLACING BRUSH ON THE ROADWAYS! Placing Brush on the road is a serious violation of the law will result in a citation.
9. Brush pick does not have to be called in and scheduled.
10 In the case of severe storm damage, the township may change the pick-up scheduling.
All brush pick up will be at the discretion of the Road Department.
Shawnee Township Clean-Up Day
May 19, 2018
Saturday – 8:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.
Dumpsters will be located at the Shawnee Township Administration Building, 2530 Fort Amanda Road, Lima, Ohio
Call: 419-991-8706 for information
The following items will NOT be accepted:
- Chemical Waste (household oil, paints, and other chemicals)
- Car Batteries
- Refrigerators or AC units
- Trees and/or brush (Please contact the Township Road Department for regular pick up)
- Large Furniture