|SHAWNEE TOWNSHIP ROAD DEPARTMENT|
2530 FORT AMANDA ROAD
BRUSH PICK UP POLICY AND REGULATIONS
ANY BRUSH PILE NOT IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE POLICY SHALL BE THE RESPONSIBILTY OF THE RESIDENT OR LANDOWNER
|The 2017 Brush pick up season will be conducted by policy as follows:|
1. Brush will be picked up on Thursday or Friday, weather pending.
2. Service will not be provided for lot clearing, hired maintenance or contracted labor, topped trees, the cutting of a total tree, or any excessive brush piles.
Contractors will no longer be allowed to dump brush or leaves at the Township!
3. The Township will not collect any pile larger than a small pickup truck.
4.The Township will remove brush that is the product of routine pruning and maintenance only.
5. Other debris mixed in with brush will be denied.
6. Brush pick up will be suspended as soon as leaf pick up begins, and will not resume until the following spring.
7. Brush must be neatly stacked with the cut ends facing out towards the road, and must be on your own property.
You cannot place your brush (or leaves) on vacant property, or roadside ditches that are not owned by you.
8. NO PLACING BRUSH ON THE ROADWAYS! Placing Brush on the road is a serious violation of the law will result in a citation.
9. Brush pick does not have to be called in and scheduled.
10. In the case of severe storm damage, the township may change the pick up scheduling.
All brush pick up will be at the discretion of the Road Department.
|LEAF PICK UP POLICY AND REGULATIONS|
ANY LEAF PILE NOT IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE POLICY SHALL BE THE RESPONSIBILTY OF THE RESIDENT OR LANDOWNER
|The 2017 Leaf pick up season will be conducted by policy as follows:|
1. Leaf pick up usually begins in late October and every effort will be made to complete two rounds through the Township.
2. NO PLACING LEAVES ON THE ROADWAYS! Placing leaves on the road is a serious violation of the law will result in a citation.
3. Leaf pick up is aways dependent upon weather conditions and any emergency that may require the crew's focus elsewhere.
4. If you are concerned that your grass will be damaged, or that your leaves will blow back onto your lawn, you may bag your leaves.
5. You may bag leaves at any time of the year. Bagged leaves must be called in for pick up. Do not call for loose leaves!
6. Make sure that your leaves are free of sticks, limbs, rocks or other debris. We will not pick up piles mixed with other objects.
All leaf pick up will be at the discretion of the Road Department
|Brush and Leaf pick ups are "courtesy services". While we are proud that we have been able to offer our residents these courtesy services, our primary liabilities and employee safety will always take precedence in our ability to continue these services. |
Continued violations of the brush or leaf pick up policies may result in the discontinuation of these services. Due to the large volume of brush and leaves being brought in to the Township
by contractors, we will no longer allow contractors to dump at the Township. We are limiting dumping to Township residents only. Contractors provide a paid service and will have to find another alternative for dumping. This is in response to the number of contractors dumping leaves and brush from areas outside the Township. This will include all contracted services: lawn services, tree services, landscape services, leaf services, etc....
If you are a resident and have contracted services for brush or leaves, make sure your contractor is aware that they are responsible for removing limbs or leaves, and they are responsible to find a place other than the Township to dispose of your debris.
|Contractors may be able to utilize: |
Re:Source Mulch (419) 222-2702 or Wright Mulch (419) 228-1173
|Shawnee Township Road Department: 419-991-7940 DO NOT CALL OTHER LINES FOR BRUSH OR LEAVES!|