On July 13, 2015, the Shawnee Township Board of Trustees held a Public Budget Hearing at the Shawnee Township Administration Building, 2530 Fort Amanda Rd., Lima, Ohio. The purpose of the hearing was for the proposed budget for Shawnee Township for 2016. A public notice of the hearing was posted in the Lima News on June 19, 2015.
Trustee Holly called the meeting to order at 6:30 p.m.
Roll call indicated those present as follows: Chairperson Dave Belton, Trustee Chris Seddelmeyer, Vice-Chair Russ Holly, Fiscal Officer Stephanie Hoffer, Road Supt. Howard Gray, and Fire Chief Todd Truesdale.
Each department had submitted their budgets. The final budget to be submitted to the County Auditor by July 20th was reviewed by departments and the trustees.
1. General Fund in good standing. Some capital could be carried into 2016.
2. No major changes in operating costs or revenue in MVL Fund
3. Gas Tax Fund-Road Workers wages posted to this fund in 2016. In 2017 wages will need to change over to Road Dept. Fund.
4. Road & Bridge Fund in good status due to wages taken out of Gas Tax Fund.
5. Police Budget. Carry-over $460,426
6. Fire Dept. Carry-over $523,821
7. Miscellaneous and grant funds budgeted based on activity.
8. EMS Fund generating $300, 000 year. Budget based on that revenue only. Not a levied fund.
Due to the phase out of TPPT Reimbursements to local governments in Governor Kasich’s Budget, the Twp. Budget reflects a 2% decrease in revenue for levied funds in 2016.
The final budget is scheduled to be brought before the Board of Trustees at their Regular Meeting held this evening, July 13th, 7PM, for approval.
With no further business, Mr. Belton motioned the meeting adjourn, Mr. Holly seconded, and the meeting adjourned at 6:50PM.